TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Connecting DVD player to Panasonic tv

Question
I have a 1999 Panasonic tv player with a built in VCR player. I'm trying to hook up my Sanyo DVD player to it but no picture will come up. We don't have a remote for it, and when we try go through the channels it says "Channel/Clock Auto Set. Connect Antenna Cable and if you use a cable box, Tune it to your local PBS ch Then...
Please push ch up key" when we do it goes through every channel without connecting to the DVD player. But we had a different DVD player hooked up to it and it worked fine a few weeks ago, but we moved it to a differen room and different DVD player and now it won't work

Answer
Without the model number of the tv I cannot know its technology and features.  All tvs are different and have different connections and operational details.  So, I can only give you generic information.

Many tvs have a button on the remote to switch it over to A/V input; some tvs have that button on the front panel.  But, in most cases you must use the remote control.  You can purchase a universal remote that will work Panasonic sets for under $10.  I like the one sold at Dollar Tree stores for $1.00.  You might try that one.

If you need more help, just come back to me with the model number of your tv.

Good Luck.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan