TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/connecting my Emerson TV to my Sanyo DVD Player

I have a new flat screen TV and an older DVD player. The color codded conectors do not match and I can't get my DVD to play on my tv.

Without the model numbers I cannot know the features and technology that each set has and determine if they are compatible products.

For example many of the new flat screen tvs, LCD, LED, Plasma, etc. have only digital audio or component or hdmi inputs whilst older dvd players have only component, S-Video or composite video with A/V outputs.  In which case a converter box may be needed in order to make them compatible.  Or, since a replacement dvd player is very inexpensive you might find it best to purchase a new player that is compatible with the tv.

Let me know if you need more help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio