TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/connecting my Emerson TV to my Sanyo DVD Player

Question
I have a new flat screen TV and an older DVD player. The color codded conectors do not match and I can't get my DVD to play on my tv.

Answer
Without the model numbers I cannot know the features and technology that each set has and determine if they are compatible products.

For example many of the new flat screen tvs, LCD, LED, Plasma, etc. have only digital audio or component or hdmi inputs whilst older dvd players have only component, S-Video or composite video with A/V outputs.  In which case a converter box may be needed in order to make them compatible.  Or, since a replacement dvd player is very inexpensive you might find it best to purchase a new player that is compatible with the tv.

Let me know if you need more help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan