TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/echo on TV

Question
I have a SANYO TV that is at least 10 years old , model # DS27425 .  After 2 consecutive power surges that occurred within 5 minutes ,it started having an echo.  I do not have any electronics connected to it , other than cable .  Any ideas ?  Thank you .

Answer
I suggest you reboot the tv.  To do this, unplug the power cord for several hours such as overnight.  Then power up again and go through the setup procedures.  If you have lost the owners manual it is available on google I think.

http://www.retrevo.com/support/Sanyo-DS27425-TVs-manual/id/311ci860/t/2/

The above should provide it for you.

Also, try it with a dvd or vcr to see if you still get the echo.

If you are using a digital converter that could be part of the problem as well and it may need resetting.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan