TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Toshiba Theaterview T.V. 50 in.

Question
I,m guessing about 10 years old. There is a EDS setting that puts a black box over 90% of the screen when it is set to off. I tried pushing the button on the remote to on but it only stays for about 30 seconds & shuts off again. I tried unplugging it, hitting reset, going into set up menu and can't find anything that keeps it on?

Answer
I am not sure what you have because you did not give the model number.

My guess is you must turn off the CC (closed caption) feature.  Try that and see if it helps.

The black box is a result of the cc malfunctioning or working improperly.

If still the set will not stay ON, it may need servicing of the power supply, the convergence circuit or the main board somewhere  - which is usually $$$ expensive.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan