TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/dvd,vcr player/recroder

I have a Toshiba Mod.dvr620 less then a year old. I record with no problems on DVD/VCR. vcr play back is good,Ican not get the dvd disc to play on other dvd players.But It will play on my portable dvd player.

Here is a good commentary on this model that may point to a compatibility model between the type or disc the dvr620 will record on whilst other players may not support.

Your player will work compatibly on most all dvd formats but will record only in DVD+R discs, I think.  In any event, it may be a compatibility issue that you are facing.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio