TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/plazma flat tv, phillips

I have a Phillips flat screen plazma tv.  modeln # 42PF9630A/37.
I was attempting to change channels and tv went black. the green power indicator light went off and a red indicator light started flashing.  I have tried the hard reset idea to no avail.  the set is aprox 6 yrs old.

I don't know this set exactly and I haven't looked up the manual but most of the flat screens need a lamp or ballast of some kind when the red light is flashing.  If it flashes 7 times it may be a power supply capacitor that needs replacing.

Please google your model number and read down through the various comments for flashing red light and you might find something that matches more exactly your symptoms.

Also, a set this old is sometimes not a good investment for repairs with the low cost of new tv and the high cost of repairs you might study the options carefully.  If your set ends up needing a new board the cost could be as high as $100 to $200 area.

Let me know if you need more discussion after you have studied a little more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio