TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/quasar model cr 71 stereo

Could you please help me to figure out why my quasar model cr 71 stereo will only play out of my mids. Ihave no sound out of my tweeters or out my subwoofer.  I would also like to kn8w if it cant be fixed where I might could find another one. Thank you very much for any awnsers.

It is quite an old model, as you know. It may be difficult to find support information or parts but a good audio repair shop should be able to look at it quickly and tell what is wrong.

Chances are the tweeters and sub are blown out;  they are usually the first to go when driven with loud volume settings.  Repairs would likely require replacing the speaker units; they are easy to check by a tech or if you have a vom and know how to use it.

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio