TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sanyo TV

my oldish sanyo tv flat screen... keeps changing colour from all blue, all green all red.... it will only turn on and off ...nothing else... could you tell me whats wrong with it please ?

With out the model number I cannot be very specific at all.

But, the description of your symptoms would lead one to think maybe the main board has gone bad and needs replaced.  Cost could be more than the set is worth - based on your comment that the set is "oldish".  If the set is over 5 years of age it is probably not worthy of repair costs.

Cheers.  Let me know if you have further questions.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio