TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Service Mode problem

Question
Hello

I have an old RCA model P46810LV 46" projection TV which was displaying some convergence problems. I got ahead of myself and adventurous and really screwed up some of the values in the service mode (which you warned about in a very old post). Needless to say my TV now has a black bar in the center and the portion which shows the channel is warped. Is there anyway to restore the TV back to normal, or default settings?

Answer
Did you write down all the adjustments you made whilst in the service mode?  If so, you can go back to the original settings. If not, you can start readjusting hoping for a better result.

And, the black bar in the center usually implies the vertical deflection amplifier has failed. It usually requires the vertical output transistor or IC to be replaced.

Convergence problems are most often due to failure of the convergence circuitry.

Here is a convenient place for repair kits for RCA sets:

http://tvrepairworld.com/rca_repair_kits

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan