TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Similar problem with AIWA Stereo

Question
Someone in May asked you a similar question.   I have an AIWA CX-NV50V stereo (circa 1997) on which everything works fine, EXCEPT, the sensing head (laser diode) keeps skipping in and out.  When it plays for a few minutes I receive beautiful sound.   So, could this be an alignment problem for the sensor, or the diode itself?  Trying to find a replacement for this diode is probably impossible?

Thanks  BA

Answer
For this aged relic it is most certainly a weak/misaligned optical pickup system and/or laser diode.  It is probably a very bad investment to repair as cost will be more than price of a new unit - if you can even get parts for it.

IF this is a system package like many Aiwa sets are, it may have an aux input. If so, merely purchase a new cd player and run it through the aux input setting.  You can purchase cd players for $10 and up.  I saw a nice dvd player the other day - which will play cds and dvds - for $19 US money.  That is the way to go I think.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan