TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/tv dont start

Question
They just gave me a Mitsubishi hd 1080 model vs-a50. I was watching and all of a sudden it turn off. So i unplugged it and let it sit for a bit.Then plug it in start it up nothing just a clicking relay. Checked the code got a 23.CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Answer
Wow, this is a 10 year old RPTV.  I would not advise you to spend a lot of $$ getting it repaired.

If you go to

http://diagramas.diagramasde.com/otros/V20B_Service_Manual.pdf

on page 22 you will find the error code 23 indicates the horizontal deflection has failed. This nearly always creates a failure of the high voltage as well.  And, since you dont get a picture it is likely the power supply has failed as well.

Repair cost could be significant.  Or, on the other hand, sometimes these failures can be simply a loose connection of cold solder joint - especially when the set has been moved around. You should try jiggling and wiggling the set, whack all around the set with your hand or fist to see if you can wake up a bad connection.

Good Luck.  Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan