TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/tv dont start

They just gave me a Mitsubishi hd 1080 model vs-a50. I was watching and all of a sudden it turn off. So i unplugged it and let it sit for a bit.Then plug it in start it up nothing just a clicking relay. Checked the code got a 23.CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE?

Wow, this is a 10 year old RPTV.  I would not advise you to spend a lot of $$ getting it repaired.

If you go to

on page 22 you will find the error code 23 indicates the horizontal deflection has failed. This nearly always creates a failure of the high voltage as well.  And, since you dont get a picture it is likely the power supply has failed as well.

Repair cost could be significant.  Or, on the other hand, sometimes these failures can be simply a loose connection of cold solder joint - especially when the set has been moved around. You should try jiggling and wiggling the set, whack all around the set with your hand or fist to see if you can wake up a bad connection.

Good Luck.  Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio