TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Panasonic TH-50PX75U red snow all over screen

Question
Screen with red snow
Screen with red snow  

TV screen #2
TV screen #2  
Hi I sure would Appreciate your advice.  I have a 2007 (manufactured in ) plasma hi- def tv.   The screen will have red snow all over it .  Seems as though it is in the dark colored areas.  It comes and goes, but is getting worse.  Could you please explain what this may be and if it is worth fixing.  We sure paid a lot for this tv and of course when we called it was out of warranty .  Thank you,
Cheryl

Answer
I could not find others with this same problem on the forums and technical discussion groups.

Therefore all I can do is give you a guess.

First guess is the connectors on the ribbon cable going between the video board and the plasma display are loose or broken.

Second choice is the A board or main board.  ShopJimmy.com it good place for parts but they show board out of stock. Sometimes Sears has parts for this model.

Third guess is have a Pansonic technician come look at the set and give the results to you so you can decide what to do.  Have you already called Panasonic for answer?  

Hope some of these suggestions will help.

Have a great day.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan