TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/cctv dvr pasword

I moved my camera system from my business to my home and have someone trying to instal it. The computer guy who originally set it up never gave me the dvr password so it is locked.  
The dvr has no brand name just dvr916SXM on it. I can't find anything related online.
How can I recover the password?
Thanks for any help.

If you cannot locate the first installer you might try this standard approach (which works for Magnavox, Philips and a few other brands).

I could not locate any information for the model number you gave. Sorry.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio