TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Older 54" RCA Projection TV

The "Menu" is stuck on top of the regular picture on our older 54" RCA projection tv. How do we get rid of it? thank you

Do you have a working remote?  You must use the remote control to remove the text from the screen.  If you have it, just try pressing the menu button to see if it removes the text.

You can buy a universal remote that will work with your set for under $10 at Walmart, Kmart, etc.  Also, the remote sold by Dollar Tree stores will work.  And, yes, it costs $1.00.

Hope this helps. But, let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio