TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/RCA D52W19 projection TV - HD issue

QUESTION: Recently changed over to ATT U-verse for HD service. Hook up was with composite cables to get high def picture. All was working well. I made what appears to be a mistake by plugging in the HDMI cable I had in my dvd player into the ATT HD receiver. I immediately lost HD video on the TV. Sound comes in OK. Replaced cables, no change. Switched to CMP #2, no change. Thought it might be the ATT HD receiver. Hooked it up to another TV. It worked fine. I rehooked the HDMI cable to the DVD player. It works fine, video and audio. So, by plugging in the HDMI cable to the HD receiver, I messed up something on the Hi Def video on the TV. Any suggestions are welcomed.

ANSWER: My first thought is that the ATT rcvr needs reset and probably the tv as  well.  I suggest you reboot them both and go through the setup procedures and see if that doesn't clean things up.

I have no further thought at this moment. So, let me hear back from you it the above suggestion does not provide a solution.

QUESTION: Thanks for your quick response. However, we took another HD receiver from another TV (which was working fine) and hooked it up to the RCA with the same results.  Then we took what I thought was a faulty HD receiver to another TV and it worked fine.  So that ruled out that the receiver was bad.

When you say "reboot" the TV, do you mean just unplugging it for awhile?  I tried that also.

Then, my thought is it must be in the setup.  The setup may be different from one condition to another; that is maybe why one set is working whilst the subject one is not.  So, I still recommend you go through the entire setup procedures.

All the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio