TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Toshiba TV

Question
My toshiba television is 24PB1T LCD. My tv can't open power on. power LED is red light only.
Please answer me, what happen my tv. how to repair it.
thank

Answer
First I suggest you unplug the power cord and let the set stay without power for a few hours.  Then power it up again to see if that will reset the power supply system.

If not, you will most likely need service. If the set is still under warranty you should exercise that option first.

LCD television are not easy to troubleshoot because of the complexity of the circuitry.  The most common method of repair is to replace the printed boards inside the set.  For your symptoms it may well be the power supply board has failed - or something around the power supply.  The replacement boards are generally the cost of a good dvd player or something in that range.  But, you cannot know for sure what has failed without some testing to determine which section of the tv has failed.  You may need, therefore, to call in a tv expert to do some investigations.

You can google for "how to repair lcd television" and find some helpful ideas.

Wishing you the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan