TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Part to replace?

Question
I have a JVC #LT37E488 TV. Last week the screen went white but the picture is still visiable. Would this be the control board or something to do with the power board??

Answer
It is hard to say.  There are many possible causes and it may need some testing in order to find out what has failed.  The symptoms you give are not exact enough to know what has happened with the video processing system of the set.

May I refer you to my colleagues on allexperts.com for other opinions.

Also, I suggest you google for lcd tv repair helps.  There are some very good ideas and suggestions on how to track down what may be wrong.  Many youtubes and books for sale at nominal dollar amounts may be worth it as well.

If I were to guess I would start suspecting the main video board.  You can hunt around shopjimmy.com for various boards in this model.  Some are very inexpensive and could be worth a try once you thought you might be getting close to a solution.

Sorry for an incomplete answer but hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan