TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/power supply

Question
Hi I have a multi ac transformer;I have connected the heavy ac wires;12 volts; to a 80amp bridge diode  unit;they go to 2 21000uf capicatiors;;+12 0 -12 volts dc.Do you have a schematic on how to make this a good power supply;;perhaps using 2n3055 in series;just a fun project.Thanks Lorne

Answer
I would need further information about what you are expecting as a result.  Is the secondary center tapped or not. Do you want some degree of regulation?  What kind of load are you putting to it?

Maybe this will give you some ideas.  Go to google and search this phrase:

schematic power supply 2n3055

You will find several schematics and ideas on implementing a full wave bridge using your transistor suggestion.

Wishing you the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan