TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/power supply

Hi I have a multi ac transformer;I have connected the heavy ac wires;12 volts; to a 80amp bridge diode  unit;they go to 2 21000uf capicatiors;;+12 0 -12 volts dc.Do you have a schematic on how to make this a good power supply;;perhaps using 2n3055 in series;just a fun project.Thanks Lorne

I would need further information about what you are expecting as a result.  Is the secondary center tapped or not. Do you want some degree of regulation?  What kind of load are you putting to it?

Maybe this will give you some ideas.  Go to google and search this phrase:

schematic power supply 2n3055

You will find several schematics and ideas on implementing a full wave bridge using your transistor suggestion.

Wishing you the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio