TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/50 in zenith plasma t.v.

Question
Its almost 4 yes old. When its turned on it immediately shuts off.

Answer
There are many possibilities. Without the model number it is impossible to guess very accurately.  But, the most common ailment for this class, size and technology is a bad power supply board.

A new board will cost around $75 to $125 depending on the exact model number.

With it being 4 years old you may wish to think about the repair investment vs a new model.  50 inch sets have come way down in price over the last 4 years and would give you much better picture quality from an LCD type model.

If you would like to repair the Zenith model you should google the model number and see what others have been experiencing for the same symptoms that you are observing.

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/395053.html

Read the second comment down from the top.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan