TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/50 in zenith plasma t.v.

Its almost 4 yes old. When its turned on it immediately shuts off.

There are many possibilities. Without the model number it is impossible to guess very accurately.  But, the most common ailment for this class, size and technology is a bad power supply board.

A new board will cost around $75 to $125 depending on the exact model number.

With it being 4 years old you may wish to think about the repair investment vs a new model.  50 inch sets have come way down in price over the last 4 years and would give you much better picture quality from an LCD type model.

If you would like to repair the Zenith model you should google the model number and see what others have been experiencing for the same symptoms that you are observing.

Read the second comment down from the top.

Hope this helps.  Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio