TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Emerson TV will not turn on

Hello, I have an Emerson 21" (just the screen) LCD TV, model # LE220EM3  The serial # is ME1A1227282729  The manufacture date is July 2012. I do not watch this TV a is on maybe an hour or so a day, sometimes not at all, so it's not like it gets a lot of "wear and tear."

I was watching a program yesterday and suddenly the TV just went totally black. I changed the batteries in the remote, I unplugged the TV for perhaps 1/2 hour, but nothing. There appears to be no way to turn the TV on apart from the remote.

We did have a power outage a few days ago, but the TV was working afterwards, so I never thought anything about it until it shut off yesterday. The receptacle the TV is plugged into also works. Thank you for your consideration.

First let me suggest you check the power cord where it goes into the back of the tv. Just wiggle it around and see if that will allow the tv to start.  If so, the power cord may need to be replaced or the connector adjusted.

If still no power I suspect the power supply board will need replacing. You can find the replacement board online for under $25 (plus shipping) and is easy to replace by one with limited experience in electronic repair but onerous for one who has no experience.

Or, you can just replace the tv: Prices have come down alot the last year or two.  An equivalent tv can be purchased for around $100 to $150 now days.

Maybe this will help you decide what to do. Let me know if you have more questions.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio