TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/fish finders

I have a lowrance X65 and  a lowrance LMS-160  map.The X65 stop showing anything after a black line disappeared and the LMS -160 has black lines running thru it. I think the pixels are shot can they be fixed.

It could be the display is defective, or, on the other hand, it could be the electronics which drives the display.  Either one is an expensive repair.

If the display is bad it cannot be repaired; it must be replaced.
If the electronics is bad it can be repaired but may need to go back to the factory or a local service shop which is an authorized repair facility.

The pixels, as you explain, are those tiny elements that light up to produce the picture.  They will usually always be in the same place; they don't move around.  So, in the case of the X160 it seems to be more an electronic malfunction.

Hope this will help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio