TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/fish finders

Question
I have a lowrance X65 and  a lowrance LMS-160  map.The X65 stop showing anything after a black line disappeared and the LMS -160 has black lines running thru it. I think the pixels are shot can they be fixed.

Answer
It could be the display is defective, or, on the other hand, it could be the electronics which drives the display.  Either one is an expensive repair.

If the display is bad it cannot be repaired; it must be replaced.
If the electronics is bad it can be repaired but may need to go back to the factory or a local service shop which is an authorized repair facility.

The pixels, as you explain, are those tiny elements that light up to produce the picture.  They will usually always be in the same place; they don't move around.  So, in the case of the X160 it seems to be more an electronic malfunction.

Hope this will help.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan