TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony TV

Question
Hello. Thanks for taking my question.
Sony KV-32TW77 working normally, suddenly quits with no pic/sound. Pressing power button gets two flashes (1 longer,1 shorter) then nothing again. Checked power source, cord, connections and all OK. Tried various combinations of buttons, such as tv/video, etc. and nothing. Any ideas? All help would be most appreciated. Thank you. Michael

Answer
Wow! This set is almost 20 years old.  Not many tube type sets last this long.  You are lucky.

Probably the power supply has gone bad. Repairing it will require diagnosis and repair.  Repair of old sets is difficult because often the parts are no longer available.

If the blink is continuous it could be the jungle chip (main microprocessor IC chip in the set) is not functioning or getting bad data signal to its control center - which could relate to the defective power supply.

Probably, the cost of repair is greater than the value of the set.  You may not even find anyone willing to work on it because of its age and difficulty in repairing.

My suggestion is to think about replacing it with modern technology.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan