TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/L29HE12 LED TV

Question
QUESTION: Hi
Fitted a scart lead from DVD player to TV (difficult as TV casing and lead are jammed against each other). I can get TV pictures and DVD images now but no sound from either.
Please help?
Jason

ANSWER: Don't know.  I have two guesses.

ONE:  Cable got distorted whilst getting jammed against something during your installation and broke open the wire with audio.

TWO:  The scart cable you are using is incompatible for audio.  There are a few versions of scart for various applications.  Thus, check the cable or try another one.

Hope this helps.

cheers.

QUESTION: Thanks.
I've removed the scart cable but cannot get sound from my TV from its own speakers whilst watching TV programmes. Any ideas?
Cheers

Answer
Oh!  Make sure you don't have headphone plugged in.

Or, go into menu and see if there is audio selection that has been switched to OFF.

Lastly, maybe it has a failed audio amplifier section; try the headphone jack for audio; if no audio coming out of headphone jack then you have internal circuitry failure that would need expert repair.

Cheers  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan