TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Panasonic plasma viera TV

My TV is jumping from one channel to the next without me touching the remote. It is also adjusting the settings ie volume colour contrast brightness etc of its own volition. When this is happening I can't turn it off with remote I have to turn off at power source.

Seems to be a problem in the main control board of the tv.  First, before going too far, do some testing to see if it is caused by some kind of intermittent condition inside the circuitry.

Test by baning the set all around the cabinet with your hand or fist whilst it is ON.  Doing so will sometimes aright an errant connection deep down inside the circuit boards.  Such as a bad ground connection or a connector inside that is corroded.  Feel free to bang/jar the set vigorously or even lift one corner of the set so as to put some torque on the inside of the chassis.  This often will aright the condition either permanently or temporarily.

Let's hope that is what it is - otherwise you may need a repair service to replace one of the boards inside the set.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio