TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony bravia KDL-46S2000 sound problem

Question
Hi, whenever I turn my TV sound there is a static/crackling sound that repeats over and over again, and it only comes out one side of the speaker. The speakers are fine, they worked when I connected them to a music player, and headphones also work when I plug them into the TV.

Answer
You have checked the key sequences in troubleshooting;  you get 4 stars for that.

Another suggestion is to try the analog audio output jacks into an external amp to see if the crackle sound appears in one of the channels.

Chances are you will need to replace one of the boards.  Shopjimmy.com is a good place to look for the audio processing board.

Before doing that, try some mechanical correction strategies; sometimes an intermittent connection internally can cause the very thing you are experiencing.  Try thumping the set generously with your hand or fist all around the set; it may restore the connection. If you get some minor improvement with the whacking test, try removing the cover and push around internally looking for bad connections at especially at the connectors that go between the boards, etc.  but be careful if you are operating the set with back cover removed it can be dangerous to the set and to you if you get crossed up with the voltages flying around the set!  If you have no experience inside electronic products better get an expert to help you.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan