TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/compact disc changer/turntable

I have a Fisher Studio-Standard digital compact disc changer/semi-auto turntable.When I try to play disc,arm comes over ,picks up disc and that's all.Disc doesn't spin and it obviously isn't playing.The model is DAC-9025.Thank-you.

Belts wear out or get old and harden making the set inoperative.  So, my first guess would be to check the belt.

You may have to remove the covers in order to watch what happens - or doesn't happen - during the cycle to determine if it is the belt or some other malfunction.

They are hard to repair, sorry to say, due to being quite complex in design.  And, they aren't the most reliable cd players around!

Best wishes.

PS: You may benefit from reading through the service/repair manual. I think you can download it freely at:  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio