TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no picture on Sony

We have a Sony Bravia KDL 32L4000 which has audio only on the station we were watching when the picture went out.  Not sure of the age--5 years, maybe.  Any ideas on the problem?  Thanks.

This model is a bit troublesome as there are many Internet comments about similar problems - if you google for it.

My guess is the main board has failed. Good place to look is who has all the boards available for this model. They are easy to install.  But, if it turns out the problem is in another board you might end up spending more on repairs than just buying a new set - which are way down in price since this model was introduced.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio