TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no picture on Sony

Question
We have a Sony Bravia KDL 32L4000 which has audio only on the station we were watching when the picture went out.  Not sure of the age--5 years, maybe.  Any ideas on the problem?  Thanks.

Answer
This model is a bit troublesome as there are many Internet comments about similar problems - if you google for it.

My guess is the main board has failed. Good place to look is shopjimmy.com who has all the boards available for this model. They are easy to install.  But, if it turns out the problem is in another board you might end up spending more on repairs than just buying a new set - which are way down in price since this model was introduced.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan