TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Red "fuzz" on TV

My 40' Samsung flatscreen is starting to show a red "fuzz" in the black areas of a picture. Sometimes I get green also. Looks like a group of pixels. I think my tv is an LCD. Definitely not a plasma. Wondering if this is repairable. Picture attached. Thank you for your time.

You did not give me the model number so I cannot research your model. All models have differing technology inside and without knowing the details one can only talk in generalities.

From the photo it looks like you may have a signal quality issue.  Have you checked with your cable supplier?  If you are using antenna input have you tried adjusting the antenna?  Have you checked all the connections on the back of the tv?

You may want to go back to the beginning with the set and to a set-up procedure.  Your owners manual can give you the process.

Compare different channels; if some channels are better or worse than others it points to poor reception qualities.  If the picture quality is essentially the same on all channels and conditions it points to a bad video board, perhaps.

You can find replacement boards by googling your model number. is a good supplier.  You may find the replacement boards for your set are $50 to $100.  They are easy to install.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio