TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony TV

Question
I have a Sony TV KDL 52W3000, it is 7Yrs old, No raster no audio and no Picture.The standby light blinks 5 times, there is no Sony repair shop for 100 miles,a local TV shop said it needed a T-con Board. It came in and did not fix the problem,he now said Ihe e does not know what it could be and I should buy a new set. Can you help me with a probable diagnoses or lead?

Answer
Try this thread and see if it relates to your problem:

http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21960

A 7 year old set may not be a good investment for a large $$ expenditure as my experience is that once you have a major failure there is another one waiting to happen.  Sorry to say.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan