TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony TV

I have a Sony TV KDL 52W3000, it is 7Yrs old, No raster no audio and no Picture.The standby light blinks 5 times, there is no Sony repair shop for 100 miles,a local TV shop said it needed a T-con Board. It came in and did not fix the problem,he now said Ihe e does not know what it could be and I should buy a new set. Can you help me with a probable diagnoses or lead?

Try this thread and see if it relates to your problem:

A 7 year old set may not be a good investment for a large $$ expenditure as my experience is that once you have a major failure there is another one waiting to happen.  Sorry to say.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio