TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/vcr plays in fast forward

Question
Yesterday I bought a Funai zv427fx4/a. i watched 2 hours of video before I encountered a problem. The tape seemed to hit a "funny spot" a bit of static appeared on the screen and then the vhs player started to play the video as if it were in fast forward. I tried several other tapes and the machine plays them all at the same rapid speed. This morning on some kind of fluke (I honestly have no idea why) the machine played in a normal speed after trying a few tapes. Then while watching a video the machine suddenly started playing at a rapid speed again! Thanks for your help!

Answer
It could be caused by either the electronics which drives the motor system OR by a badly adjusted capstan tape handling system that is not in correct adjustment.  

But, it is clearly defective and I think you should return it to the supplier for replacement in either case.

Also, first, check your owners manual to see if you accidentally have it in some programming mode that brings about the change  (such as the timer settings, etc.)

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan