TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/4th followup

Question
your question : did the new one you just put in shatter?
Answer: The last 2 bulbs didn't look bad, not shattered or no cracks, no defects at all

your question :was the old lamp bad? (cracked)?
answer: I've had the TV from new, about 7 years. I've replaced the bulb every year to year and half. Every time the bulb has been shattered.
Pryor questions/answers :
QUESTION: I have a Toshiba DLP Model 65HM167 that doesn’t power on. The power LED flashes yellow, 3 times, pauses, flashes 2 times, pauses, flashes 1 time, then stays solid yellow.

ANSWER: odds are this is a bad lamp. open the lamp door on the back of the tv and pull the lamp out and see if it looks bad?

Allan

QUESTION: I had replaced the bulb at the beginning of December. I got the bulb from Pureland Supply. What are the chances I got a bad bulb

ANSWER: unless your ballast is bad then it is the lamp. pull the lamp and look to see if it looks bad.
new lamps do go bad all the time.

Answer
Lamps not specified by the manufacturer can present problems because the circuitry of the Toshiba system has filament monitoring to detect changes in age and temperature.  A generic bulb can have specifications differently than that prescribed by Toshiba.

In any event, DLP sets from all makers, including Toshiba are fraught with problems. The repair expenses for DLP sets is very high.  In fact, many owners have decided to junk them rather than keep feeding them with lamps, parts and repairs.  If the optical engine fails it could cost several hundred dollars for replacements.

I suggest you go on google or bing and search through what others are finding with your model. There are forums and repair suggestions of many kinds and conditions. You may find something that will direct you a little differently than the course you are on now.  

Hope this will help you find a solution or make a decision on what course to take.

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan