TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Samsung HD TV (2)

Question
Normal Pic
Normal Pic  

Distorted Color
Distorted Color  
Hi, Allan.  I'm also an Allexpert in the clock category.  I have 2 Samsung HS flat screen tv's, which I will repair myself:

1.  Model LNT4661FX/AA, S/N AHBB3CFP601908X, VERSION SS03, June 2007.  On days with certain ambient temperature/humidity, the unit is powered on and a buzzing sound comes from the lower left location and the picture will not come on or quickly blacks out.  Many years ago I was a tech and would test circuits by either using a heat or freeze source to diagnose some problems.  Therefore, I found I could do a "jump start" by pointing a hair dryer in the lower grill area in the back.  Once it starts, no problem.  I suspect a high voltage arc on a circuit board or a component.  Can this be repaired or do I need a new board, and do you know which one?

2.  Model LN46A550P3FXZA, S/N ALXK3CUQ810670B, Version CN09, August 2008.  The ON/OFF switch does not function, but no problem, as the remote ON/OFF functions.  The problem is the color.  The fill-in  coloring is faulty in that there is a constantly active red distortion within the outlines of all objects.  I have attached 2 photos, one from a good TV and the other of the distorted color of this TV.  I  would suspect a complete board would have to be replaced.  If so, which one?

Thanks for your help.

Answer
on the lnt4661 can you send me a picture of the tv with the back off? i want to look at a few parts inside the tv.

on the ln46a550 high odds are this is a bad LCD panel and cannot be repaired. i have seen the main board do this a few times but in most cases the LCD is bad.

Allan

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Allan Wainwright