TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/sound issue

I have an RCA model X13154GS. We moved it to another room and now there is no sound. It worked before; although we don't know if there was a remote. Its as if the mute button is on; however, we cannot find such a button or menu. We need to turn the sound on...headphones get no sound either. thank you.

The model number you gave is a part number for an RCA remote control.

This seems to be a very old tv you have and chances are you caused loss of the audio amplifier.  The fact the headphone isn't working means the audio amplifier is not working, also.

Repairing the audio requires attention of a tech who can diagnose the circuit failure.

So, my suggestion is to bang on the set with your hand or fist to see if you can recover the sound.  Moving it around may have caused a circuit interruption.  Banging on the set or even jiggling the set where it stands may recover it....

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio