TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Magnavox HD-Tv has lines

Question
tv lines
tv lines  
My Magnavox has funny lines-3 big bars in the right and white lines on black at the bottom, sound no picture. Magnavox HD Seot 2012.
Model 32md 301b/f7
Would like to try and fix it myself!
Thank you,
Susan

Answer
Sadly, I have no clear idea what has failed or how to fix it.  You may need to take it to a shop where they can get inside and do some testing.

First try unplugging the power cord for a few minutes and then boot it up again.  That may reset something in the circuits.

The symptoms point to a defective display screen; a bad power supply board; a bad main board or something between the video driver and the display.  

The boards can be found online at such places as:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/magnavox/32md301b/f7

But which board is the most likely I cannot say without testing.

Maybe my colleages on allexperts can give you a second opinion.

Best wishes.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan