TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Magnavox HD-Tv has lines

tv lines
tv lines  
My Magnavox has funny lines-3 big bars in the right and white lines on black at the bottom, sound no picture. Magnavox HD Seot 2012.
Model 32md 301b/f7
Would like to try and fix it myself!
Thank you,

Sadly, I have no clear idea what has failed or how to fix it.  You may need to take it to a shop where they can get inside and do some testing.

First try unplugging the power cord for a few minutes and then boot it up again.  That may reset something in the circuits.

The symptoms point to a defective display screen; a bad power supply board; a bad main board or something between the video driver and the display.  

The boards can be found online at such places as:

But which board is the most likely I cannot say without testing.

Maybe my colleages on allexperts can give you a second opinion.

Best wishes.

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio