TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/only center screen display

Question
my problem with sanyo tv st 21ce1 model is that when i turn on only center screen open not fully open display. what gonna be the solution on this matter. waiting for your quick response. thanks

Answer
Sorry, I could find little information on this model. It appears to be a crt based tv. If so, it is likely the power supply in the high voltage section is failing.  The horizontal amplifier drives the high voltage transformer and if it is not getting enough voltage the screen size is reduced.

Check this: If the raster is full size but the video picture is not then it could be a video circuit problem.

Also, do some google searching on this model. There are a few forums in Philippine language talking about a burnt resistor associated with common failure.  This could be the resistor in the horizontal amplifier section they are talking about.

Sorry you are having this trouble. Hope you can get a solution. Let me know if you need more from my side.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan