TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sceptre X46 TV

My X46BV1080P will  not come on even though the green light is showing when I turn it on by pressing the remote on button.

THis model is a 46" LCD flat screen set.  My guess is the power board is defective, but before going for an expensive repair (or warranty if still under a warranty program) just do this: Unplug the power cord and leave unplugged for several minutes.  Then try it again.  The unplugging exercise may reset the power supply circuitry.

If not, it will need some diagnosis by a technician who can do testing inside the set.  These flat screen tvs internal structure is a few printed circuit cards  or boards and they connect together in a way that allows them to fit inside the thin cavity of the flat screen cabinet.  The repair usually takes the action of replacing one of the boards.

These replacement boards cost anywhere from $30 to $100 depending on the model and the manufacturer.  

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer's support web pages?  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio