TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Video 8 Handycam CCD-F201 Tape

Question
I recently aqquired a Sony Video 8 Handycam ccd-f201. I know it needs a new battery but there was no tapes that came with it. Is there a certain kind of tape that it takes?

Answer
specs
specs  
Well, this is an 8mm recording handycam and should be able to work with just about any 8mm video tape.  Attached is a copy of the Specifications page which says:

Usable Cassette    8 mm video format cassette

There may be certain varieties of the 8 mm video tape that work better than others but I think for this age of recorder any standard variety should work just fine.

PS: This is a rotary head recording system using analog technology so you do not need the digital 8 tapes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan