TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TV has lines-Magnavox-hd

Question
tv lines
tv lines  
My Magnavox Tv -HD has big lines on one side and thin white lines on the bottom-(all black there) See Photo. Model 32MD301b/fa
Sept 2012--
I would like to try to fix it myself!
Thank you,

Answer
Well, it could be a defective screen which is easy to repair - just replace the set because the screen can usually not be repaired and replacement cost is greater than the price of a new set!  Sorry for the bad news.

Or, it could be one of the internal circuit boards such as the main processing board, the t-board or something else. I check at shopjimmy.com for board prices by they seem to be out of stock on this model.

It will require some testing or board substitution to find out the problem.

But, you can try other things..... first do an unplugging and replugging of the power cord to see if it will reset. Secondly, try googling for forums and q/a for this model or ones similar.

Lastly, try the experience seen in this youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ykPsV2voYU

and other such youtubes that you can find that relate to your symptoms.

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan