TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/amp

Question
hi there i have a technics system from about `1995, se-ca 1080 and i am getting a u70 fault i think, cd and radio seem to be working but tape deck not?
can you help me
thanks steve

Answer
Tape decks this old are really difficult matters.  There are parts inside that rot (rubber belts and spacers) as well as capacitors that go bad.  They are quite difficult to troubleshoot even for experienced technicians.  Further, there are so few people even using tapes that there is virtually no call for repair and many audio specialty shops refuse to work on them for those reasons.

Your best bet is find a replacement deck from among the sellers of old and vintage systems.  See this page and maybe that would lead you to a solution

http://www.gumtree.com/for-sale/west-yorkshire/technics+systems

Best wishes.  Cheers.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan