TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/amp

hi there i have a technics system from about `1995, se-ca 1080 and i am getting a u70 fault i think, cd and radio seem to be working but tape deck not?
can you help me
thanks steve

Tape decks this old are really difficult matters.  There are parts inside that rot (rubber belts and spacers) as well as capacitors that go bad.  They are quite difficult to troubleshoot even for experienced technicians.  Further, there are so few people even using tapes that there is virtually no call for repair and many audio specialty shops refuse to work on them for those reasons.

Your best bet is find a replacement deck from among the sellers of old and vintage systems.  See this page and maybe that would lead you to a solution

Best wishes.  Cheers.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio