TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/element 51 in tv

My TV is only about 6 months old, yesterday I was wat hing and all of the sudden the screen  went black.the sound was still working but no picture
.now its starting to do it regularly. If you turn it off and back on it will be fine for a little while then do it again.

Better call the warranty folks right away.

This symptom points most likely to the need for a new video board.  The cost of replacing that board, if it is indeed the culprit, will cost over $100.

Suggest you try wiggling, jiggling and smacking the set with your hand or fist all around the cabinet.  Sometimes we get lucky and an intermittent condition can be amended with this approach.  If not, you will need technical service either from the warranty folks or a tv repair enterprise.

Hope this will help you.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio