TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/element 51 in tv

Question
My TV is only about 6 months old, yesterday I was wat hing and all of the sudden the screen  went black.the sound was still working but no picture
.now its starting to do it regularly. If you turn it off and back on it will be fine for a little while then do it again.

Answer
Better call the warranty folks right away.

This symptom points most likely to the need for a new video board.  The cost of replacing that board, if it is indeed the culprit, will cost over $100.

Suggest you try wiggling, jiggling and smacking the set with your hand or fist all around the cabinet.  Sometimes we get lucky and an intermittent condition can be amended with this approach.  If not, you will need technical service either from the warranty folks or a tv repair enterprise.

Hope this will help you.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan