TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/HDMI to RCA Hook-up

Question
I have a 13-year old Toshiba TV. I connected it to a Roku-1 box via a plug-in RCA cable. I just purchased a Roku-3 to replace the now kaput Roku-1. Trouble is, I now require an HDMI-RCA cable connection. My question is: do I require a converter, or would a basic HDMI-RCA cable do the trick? I'm a layman in these things, so I'd appreciate your detailed recommendation as to what I need exactly. Thanks.

Answer
I am assuming, because of the age you gave, the Toshiba tv is analog and has a composite input (yellow, red and white inputs for video, right channel audio and left channel audio).

In this case you need a converter that will take the HDMI signal from your Roku and convert it to composite video/audio.

You can purchase such converters at Bestbuy, Walmart, Amazon, etc.

Here is an example:

http://www.amazon.com/HDMI-Composite-Video-Audio-Converter/dp/B00GH92V8C/ref=sr_

Or, you can search for hdmi converter on Amazon.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan