TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/lg tv

Question
my lg tv tuns its self off after five or ten minutes. model no. 60pv400-ub          serial no.106rmjfod148 sixty inch

Answer
If still under warranty please refer this problem to the warranty station. If you bought it from Costco, they usually have an extended one year warranty above and beyond the manufacturers warranty program so please check with them.  If you kept your original receipt it should have that information on it.

Probably, let's say 80%, it is the power supply board.  And, if so, it would need to be replaced.  The set is heavy so taking it into the shop is out of the question. The repair tech company would need to come to your residence.  The cost of a replacement board is under $100 if you buy on your own. I have no idea how much a repair facility would charge.

I saw the power supply board on ShopJimmy for under $50 but they were out of stock.  Replacing the board is not difficult job but requires some skill with electronics for DIY level work.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan