TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/lg tv

my lg tv tuns its self off after five or ten minutes. model no. 60pv400-ub          serial no.106rmjfod148 sixty inch

If still under warranty please refer this problem to the warranty station. If you bought it from Costco, they usually have an extended one year warranty above and beyond the manufacturers warranty program so please check with them.  If you kept your original receipt it should have that information on it.

Probably, let's say 80%, it is the power supply board.  And, if so, it would need to be replaced.  The set is heavy so taking it into the shop is out of the question. The repair tech company would need to come to your residence.  The cost of a replacement board is under $100 if you buy on your own. I have no idea how much a repair facility would charge.

I saw the power supply board on ShopJimmy for under $50 but they were out of stock.  Replacing the board is not difficult job but requires some skill with electronics for DIY level work.

Let me know if you need more.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio