TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Recording

Is there any way that I can use my Vizio to record TV shows or do I have to use the companies equipment?

Recording requires a storage media and a converter box to get the tv signal into a form the storage media can handle.

Some are using the HDMI cable to feed a tv converter plug-in box that allows recording on your PC or laptop computer.

You can use any product that has the right technology.

Some such converter boxes or tuners have storage built into them.

Simple solution may be for you to visit a retail store such as BestBuy and ask them what they would suggest for you.  

You can also do a google search for tv recorders and find some solutions.

Have a wonderful day.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio