TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Sony Bravia issues

I have a Sony Bravia LCD tv that is about 6 years old.  
I have been experiencing three different issues.  These issues do not always occur and never occur together.
1.  Turn on TV and have red/pink in video.  turn off/on and ok
2.  Watching TV and volume will start to crackle and go out.     Change channels back and forth and ok.
3.  Watching TV the video goes out and then comes back after a couple seconds.
Just wanted to know if I should be shopping for a new TV or not.
Don't mind spending a few hundred if it can be fixed.
Thank You for your time.

I vote for replacing the set with newer technology.  

The problem with repairing is that the conditions you describe are of the kind that reoccur easily and my fear is that once you did some fixing it would only be a short matter of time until another set or new defects would raise up.

The repairs it needs are internal cleaning, resoldering cold solder joints throughout the circuits, checking all cable connections and wiring harnesses.  It can be done DIY but you must have some knowledge and experience with tv repair.  Taking it into a shop will cost considerable $$.  

Try this and see if it helps;  Jiggle the set by shaking it with your hands; moving it around with some vigor.  And, smack the set with your hand or fist all around the cabinet.  These physical forces may aright some or all of the errant, intermittent connections inside the set.  Check and retighten the cable or antenna connections.

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio