TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/sony kf60we610

Question
Hi . Someone ask u a question about how to fix the horizontal lines on there tv . They were able to fix problem by changing out the digital lcd board . Im trying to do this myself and have located the board that is enclosed in a metal case . How do I actually get it out ? Seems like the whole tv has to be takin apart to get inside in order to get to it. Is this the case?

Answer
There are several boards in this set and I don't know which one you are replacing but, yes, you must remove hardware and things in the way until you can remove the board you want to get out. It may slide out or it may be screw mounted and connect via ribbon cables.  You will just have to use your DIY skills.

If you need the service manual - which has chassis diagrams and schematics you can download it freely from the the web.  Do a google search for it and you can find it on this page and other places as well:

http://elektrotanya.com/sony_kf-42we610_kf50we610_kf60we610_chassis_la2_sm.pdf/d

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan