TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/sony kf60we610

Hi . Someone ask u a question about how to fix the horizontal lines on there tv . They were able to fix problem by changing out the digital lcd board . Im trying to do this myself and have located the board that is enclosed in a metal case . How do I actually get it out ? Seems like the whole tv has to be takin apart to get inside in order to get to it. Is this the case?

There are several boards in this set and I don't know which one you are replacing but, yes, you must remove hardware and things in the way until you can remove the board you want to get out. It may slide out or it may be screw mounted and connect via ribbon cables.  You will just have to use your DIY skills.

If you need the service manual - which has chassis diagrams and schematics you can download it freely from the the web.  Do a google search for it and you can find it on this page and other places as well:

Best wishes.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio