TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/TV has funny lines

tv lines
tv lines  
Hi, I have the Magnavox 32 inch HD tv, about 16 months old. 32md 301b/f7-it has funny lines-no picture with sound-see photo

I replied on this already to you!  Please follow the reply links when you get the answer back through the mail notice.

This set is known for the problem you have. It can be a serious, expensive repair or it can be something minor. It requires an expert technician to look at it and test for the problem. In the worst case it would require a new display - which costs more than a new set!  Or, it could need a new printed board or replacement.  Or, it could be a loose connector inside the set. Try giggling the set to see if you can correct an errant wiring harnass inside the set.  That is the best I can tell you.

If you google around this set model number you can find others with the same problem; they may have solutions that will be apt for yours as well.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio