TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/no volume on t.v.

Question
Hello cleggsan,
I have a Sony Trinitron t.v. from 1994. This week, the t.v. started not producing a sound (picture normal) no matter what the volume is set at.  I made sure the volume is not muted.  When I played a DVD, the sound worked normal.  Is there anyway I can diagnose and try to solve this problem? Thank you. Glen

Answer
So, it is an old analog set. Therefore you are not using an antenna for reception unless you are passing the signal through a digital to analog converter box, right?  So the problem may be with the converter; try rebooting it.

If you are getting tv from a cable provider it may be a cable delivery problem.

If you need more, let me know the model number of your set and the method of receiving the signal into the tv.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan