TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Magnavox HD-Tv has lines

Question
Tv line
Tv line  

Inverter
Inverter  
I asked about this TV before-anyway TV repair guy said it was the backlight inverter board. So I ordered one from Shop Jimmy and we put it in same problem. Any suggestions? See photos 32HD-32MD 301B/f7 Piece of junk--

Answer
I really don't think this model is worth the effort to repair.  Magnavox does not have a good reliability record and this particular model, based on what I see in the forums and troubleshooting links on the Internet, seems to be quite troublesome.

The problem with low reliability sets is that once you have a failure it is more than likely, from a statistical point of view, another problem will pop up soon thereafter.  After two or three repairs you have gone way over the return on investment repairing the set.

But, if you wanted to continue, I would suggest you try replacing the main board; it should cost around $40 plus or minus.

By the way, I see 32" tvs going for $195 and up nowdays. You take your chance on the cheapest models but I have one that I bot on special from BestBuy about 3 years ago and it is still going strong.  

The law of averages are sometimes against you not knowing whether a specific unit has parts destined for early failure or not; theoretically a tv should last under normal use about 7 to 10 years.  Why?  Because market study after market study has indicated the average consumer replaces the tv by 5 to 7 years and the manufacturers design for the end users likely life expectancy which is 5 to 10 years.  The pace of technological change is much more rapid than it was last decade so the life expectancy is getting shorter all the time, probably.

Wishing you the best.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan