TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/Panasonic Serviceman Codes

Question
Hi.  I'm trying to reset a Panasonic CT-2522HE TV (chassis EP361) to it's default state but am unable find any site that shows the listings for this particular TV - it's from Feb 2002.

I was wondering if you'd have the default settings for B, C, M, S, P, and X.

Thanks

Answer
It's a hotel/motel model.  I don't know much about it.

You can read the operating manual online at:

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Panasonic/CT2522HE/Manual/128905?page=16

And there are other places online to get the manual if you google far enough.

You may need the service manual to find the default settings - if any.

Most sets now days either have no default setting or have a reset button somewhere that puts all the color, intensity, balance, brightness, etc. back to factory settings.

But, factory settings don't mean much because the signal you are getting from the cable/sat delivery or antenna differ from standard and need to be re-adjusted for best picture quality anyway.

If you are just concerned about best picture quality you can set it yourself by fiddling with the controls to get the best setting.  Here is how to do it.  I call it the flesh tone balance.  Find a program that has lots of people in the picture. Use the controls to get the best flesh tone settings for the people in the picture. Doing so will get the proper overall setting for everything else (usually) or very close.  And you don't need test signals or fancy equipment to do it.

Hope this helps.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan