TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/problem with jvc surround sound

Why is my system keep cut off

Cutting out, or more precise, going into overload protection mode, has several possible causes:

ONE: Internal to the receiver a bad component such as an overloaded power output transistor or FET is overload on the power supply causing it to breakdown.

TWO:  A shorted voice coil in one of the speakers.
THREE: A short in one of the speaker lines, usually at the terminals where a strand of wire is touching something that it shouldn't.
FOUR:  Improper wiring of the speakers or a speaker with too low impedance for the receiver.

Here is a quick test: Disconnect all speaker wires at the back of the receiver.  Then, turn on the receiver to see if it still goes into protection mode with speakers all disconnected.  If so, you have an internal problem.  If not, look for speaker or speaker wiring problems as explained above.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

Consumer Electronics of all kinds. Audio, esoteric audio systems and components, video, tv. Digital equipment for consumer use. Ham radio and automotive electronics. Note: I give advice on tv repair based on general consumer electronics engineering experience but I am not engaged in actual repair of sets. MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE MAKE AND MODEL NUMBER AND AGE OF THE SET. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR THE RETURN ANSWER DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS AS I TRY TO REPLY TO ALL QUESTIONS WITHIN THE SAME DAY IF NOT THE SAME HOUR.

Electrical Engineering; recording, broadcasting, design, international standards, tv and radio theory and practice.

FELLOW of AES (Audio Engineering Society)
Senior Life Member of IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers)
International Consulting Organization

IEEE Spectrum
Various Consumer Electronic publications

Famous Engineer for Digital Audio