TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting/problem with jvc surround sound

Question
Why is my system keep cut off

Answer
Cutting out, or more precise, going into overload protection mode, has several possible causes:

ONE: Internal to the receiver a bad component such as an overloaded power output transistor or FET is overload on the power supply causing it to breakdown.

TWO:  A shorted voice coil in one of the speakers.
THREE: A short in one of the speaker lines, usually at the terminals where a strand of wire is touching something that it shouldn't.
FOUR:  Improper wiring of the speakers or a speaker with too low impedance for the receiver.

Here is a quick test: Disconnect all speaker wires at the back of the receiver.  Then, turn on the receiver to see if it still goes into protection mode with speakers all disconnected.  If so, you have an internal problem.  If not, look for speaker or speaker wiring problems as explained above.

Good Luck.  

TV/VCR/Stereo Troubleshooting

cleggsan